Question re: fertilizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

5 Year Member
Please help... My tortoise is outside in her enclosure during the day. I noticed the gardeners were here today, so I asked them to please steer clear of her enclosure. Obviously they didn't understand me because I went out to check on her and they had put fertilizer all over our grass. ( little white balls) So, I checked her enclosure and sure enough.. In her water and a few inside. I took her out and they used the blower to blow them out. I cleaned out her waters and I put the sprinklers on so it isn't on our grass. I told them no more fertilizer because we have small dogs also. Her enclosure seems clear is it ok for her? I am so annoyed!! She loves to be outside!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
If you cleared it away and watered then I would imagine you have thwarted most of the hazard....also keep in mind that if her enclosure is surrounded by the area regularly fertilized there is potential for run off to her area...I would just make sure your water run off is directed away from her space.....:D

Niki

5 Year Member
ascott said:
If you cleared it away and watered then I would imagine you have thwarted most of the hazard....also keep in mind that if her enclosure is surrounded by the area regularly fertilized there is potential for run off to her area...I would just make sure your water run off is directed away from her space.....:D

Yes...good idea. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.