Recommended Humidity gauge?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
so i have 3 different humidity digital gauges 1 being a acurite indoor/outdoor with wireless sensor, a vicks humidity digital meter, and a all living things combo heat and humidity the vick's and all living thing's digital humidity meter seem to link up closely always within 3-4% of each other but the acurite seem's to be way off i leave the wireless sensor in the enclosure but it seems to never really get up in the ideal area always off by a huge percentage from the other two even right after misting and stuff it never seems to raise i'm using coco coir with sphagnum moss at one end i've tried moving the sensor around it will increase by a few percent but never what i feel it should is there any one brand or sensor or sensorless humidity gauge recommended? i use a temp gun for temperatures so i'm not worried about that

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All Living Things products are notoriously bad. I don't know the Vicks one. I use about 20 of the Accu-Rite ones and most of them work pretty well most of the time. Every couple of years I have to replace one or two.

I'd guess you got a bad one, or your other two are way off, which seems most likely to me.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Tom said:
All Living Things products are notoriously bad. I don't know the Vicks one. I use about 20 of the Accu-Rite ones and most of them work pretty well most of the time. Every couple of years I have to replace one or two.

I'd guess you got a bad one, or your other two are way off, which seems most likely to me.

i don't think the other two are way off the accurite never changes. right after i posted this i put the whole display which is the indoor use of it in the enclosure for a second and it met right up to the vicks, i'm wondering if it is a bad wireless sensor

do you have experiance with the wireless sensor acurites? if so if i were to get another one how would i want to place it?