mojo_1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Clairsville OH
Ahh damn that’s unfortunate, would’ve loved to have another some day🥲
But good to know thank you!
I love the redfoot species, they are the most involved cost and time of the tortoise options. At least for those of us in a climate that has harsh winters and no tropical climate. If you want a second tortoise I would recommend a Russian tortoise they only get up to around 8" long and requires less space and after they get out of hatchling size the enclosure requirement is a lot easier. Still can't hang out with your current tortoise though. You don't want a mixed species tortoise on top of previously mentioned issues.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
ahhh im so far off😂 I been waiting to name him or her bc I thought it would be quicker but sounds like we’re going with a gender neutral name lol
Yeah it’s definitely a waiting game for these guys!

It’s funny, ours belongs to my moms partner, he got her years before we all met, the shop he got her from told them right away they’re a girl with zero way of knowing because she was still a tiny baby. Course they just trusted what they were told and she’s always been a ‘she’ in our eyes. She did turn out to be a girl though so guess it was fate lol

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I love the redfoot species, they are the most involved cost and time of the tortoise options. At least for those of us in a climate that has harsh winters and no tropical climate. If you want a second tortoise I would recommend a Russian tortoise they only get up to around 8" long and requires less space and after they get out of hatchling size the enclosure requirement is a lot easier. Still can't hang out with your current tortoise though. You don't want a mixed species tortoise on top of previously mentioned issues.
Oh I completely second how involved you have to be with their maintenance when you’re battling a bad climate, we’re in the uk, worst place possible to have them, I genuinely don’t think they should be sold here, there’s too many being housed in tiny set ups and no way of properly housing them outdoors here😓

Russians are so much more chill lol

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Oh I completely second how involved you have to be with their maintenance when you’re battling a bad climate, we’re in the uk, worst place possible to have them, I genuinely don’t think they should be sold here, there’s too many being housed in tiny set ups and no way of properly housing them outdoors here😓

Russians are so much more chill lol
I would like to visit the UK some day. But I would like to see it on the 2 days a year it's not either rainy, cloudy, or really any weather that is all doom and gloom. 🤣

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I would like to visit the UK some day. But I would like to see it on the 2 days a year it's not either rainy, cloudy, or really any weather that is all doom and gloom. 🤣
Yeah good luck with that, even our summer has been doom and gloom this year🤣we hands down have the most depressing weather.. cold and damp pretty much year round🥲

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
That's what everyone from there that I meet in my travels says,
Yeah sounds about right😬
Shame really because we have some of the most beautiful countryside and historical locations, it’s still definitely worth the visit, just bring your umbrella ☂️😂