Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Heres what i found that i think will work , thoughts?
35.43 x 70.87 x 35.83 inches
Definitely the right kind of thing, I just can’t guarantee 5x2 foot will last right up until they’re big enough for outdoors. Let’s see what Alex and mojo think of it, it might work for you🙂

Do you mind adding the link? Just want to check how high the frame would be from the base, wouldn’t want your lights hanging too close

Dawsonduro

CA

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Definitely the right kind of thing, I just can’t guarantee 5x2 foot will last right up until they’re big enough for outdoors. Let’s see what Alex and mojo think of it, it might work for you🙂

Do you mind adding the link? Just want to check how high the frame would be from the base, wouldn’t want your lights hanging too close
A 4x8, 6x8 or 8x8 would be better till he moves outside if you don't want to keep changing sizes as the tortoise grows.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Heres what i found that i think will work , thoughts?
35.43 x 70.87 x 35.83 inches
If you want to keep you current enclosure for a while, you can search just for the greenhouse top. I like this kit more, than others, though: https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-6...sed-garden-bed-with-one-early-start-enclosure All garden beds come without flooring, so you'll need a pond liner or tarp to put underneath.

Also, check hydroponic grow tents (like Vivosun or AC Infinity).

Dawsonduro

CA
If you want to keep you current enclosure for a while, you can search just for the greenhouse top. I like this kit more, than others, though: https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-6...sed-garden-bed-with-one-early-start-enclosure All garden beds come without flooring, so you'll need a pond liner or tarp to put underneath.

Also, check hydroponic grow tents (like Vivosun or AC Infinity).
to be honest id like to just get a more long term or permanent enclosure setup until i can have him outside. even if that means trashing the old one. I want whats gonna be best long term for my tortoise and myself that way im not stressing a new enclosure every other year.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Got it. Check the hydroponic tents then (this thread with a small showcase - https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/best-budget-enclosure-option.217299/). They are relatively cheap and can be almost a "room size". This can be handy when your redfoot will grow up and you'll have to keep it inside during temperature extremes.

Two known drawbacks:
1. They often lack windows (some models have, though)
2. Sizes are not always "tortoise friendly" and you'll need to put them on the side to maximize available space.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
to be honest id like to just get a more long term or permanent enclosure setup until i can have him outside. even if that means trashing the old one. I want whats gonna be best long term for my tortoise and myself that way im not stressing a new enclosure every other year.
I 100% respect that and is wonderful to hear you say!❤️ I’d feel the exact same way, that being the case, the suggested sizes by mojo above would be more suitable. Let me see if I can get the link for an 8x4 greenhouse that another member we’ve helped recently got, as Alex says, because they don’t have a bottom, get yourself some cheap pond lining from Amazon, 2m by 3m should do you for that, you’ll have excess to cut away👍
Hang tight and I’ll try finding that link, in the meantime though keep having a mosey and you might find one yourself, this is the one I’m trying to get the link for, maybe type it in?

Attachments

• IMG_2188.jpeg
    IMG_2188.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Those grow tents Alex suggested are pretty good too! But tbh I think it’s trickier having to modify them so they open up on their side to give the needed floor room, I could be wrong. But yeah I think the garden bed base and topper might be easier for you, just make sure you buy some lining with it🙂

Keeping going over my first response to build yourself up a list, then we can double check all the products you find before you buy😊

This is how the other members looks, just bare in mind her species is different hence she has a basking light, ceramics and ambient lighting will work great for your red foot

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpeg
    IMG_2174.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
If you’re willing to go even bigger than 8x4 that’s awesome! Again I’ll do my best to try and find a link for you, hang tight🙂

Dawsonduro

CA
I 100% respect that and is wonderful to hear you say!❤️ I’d feel the exact same way, that being the case, the suggested sizes by mojo above would be more suitable. Let me see if I can get the link for an 8x4 greenhouse that another member we’ve helped recently got, as Alex says, because they don’t have a bottom, get yourself some cheap pond lining from Amazon, 2m by 3m should do you for that, you’ll have excess to cut away👍
Hang tight and I’ll try finding that link, in the meantime though keep having a mosey and you might find one yourself, this is the one I’m trying to get the link for, maybe type it in?
found the screenshotted one ! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D7Q677JW/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
so i would need this along with pond liner, then would i hang the lights ON the poles that keep the greenhouse standing? Or what is recommended for that?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
found the screenshotted one ! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D7Q677JW/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
so i would need this along with pond liner, then would i hang the lights ON the poles that keep the greenhouse standing? Or what is recommended for that?
Yay awesome! Yes that and some pond liner.

Yeah so if that frame feels sturdy enough(which the other member felt it did) you can take some chain(you can buy that on rolls at the hardware store n such, I think you can get ones that have clips on the end too) to hang the domes so they aren’t just hanging by the wire👍

Then for the uv, I’d get a piece of timber you can mount the reflector fitting into and screw hooks into the back to also hang on chains.

You could also technically make/buy your own stands like the ones below, and still use the chain method to get the height you need🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Also Im thinking 8 feet might be to big is there anyway a 6x3 would work?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/HAPPYGRILL/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
you also mentioned not sure if the lighting will be hanging high enough?
If that’s the biggest you can go right now that’ll work fine🙂
And yeah with the lighting I just want to make sure you have enough wiggle room as the tortoise grows to adjust the height as needed, taking the substrate into consideration too. So for example, with the Arcadia uv, you want to roughly 18-20 inches from the top of the tortoises shell. Heat bulbs should be at least 12 inches from the tortoises shell👍
Being a hatchling, I’m confident the height will be fine here