Red footed tortoise white bloth

KSA05

Location (City and/or State)
Wolverhampton
My red foot tortoise who I have had for 4 years and believe to be a girl as developed a white blotch on her face a couple days after having been soaked and her enclosure cleaned with a substrate change, she also I have noticed has been chomping at the air almost like a struggle yawn , really would appreciate help as I am worried.37CF56EB-B7C8-452A-ADA4-25F915619AB1.jpeg

Attachments

• 4EA68515-9FA9-4DC0-8B57-BB6DA162B812.jpeg
    4EA68515-9FA9-4DC0-8B57-BB6DA162B812.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Ive circled what they’re referring to @wellington definitely looks suspicious😕could possibly be what Yvonne’s saying.

@KSA05 I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing more information on how you’re keeping them?

What are your temps like night and day?
What kind of lighting&heating are you using specifically? Packaging pics are good if you have any
Do you use indoor uv? If so what kind?
How’s your humidity reading?
What are you using for substrate?

A photo of the full set up would be good if you don’t mind sharing🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 0

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ive circled what they’re referring to @wellington definitely looks suspicious😕could possibly be what Yvonne’s saying.

@KSA05 I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing more information on how you’re keeping them?

What are your temps like night and day?
What kind of lighting&heating are you using specifically? Packaging pics are good if you have any
Do you use indoor uv? If so what kind?
How’s your humidity reading?
What are you using for substrate?

A photo of the full set up would be good if you don’t mind sharing🙂
I already seen the ear and agreed it looks swollen. I thought they were talking about something else seeing they didn't call it it's ear.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ah ok no worries, I think that’s the white spot they were referring to though, the swollen ear
I was looking at the top of its head. Not exactly white but kinda off looking to me. But not a good angle either to tell if it's color or something else lol