Red footed tortoise

Greg50

Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Virginia
We have a five year old red footed turtle that we unfortunately can no longer care for. We are looking to rehome him to a good home. His name is Rocco and he is very friendly and social. I am sorry that we cannot continue to care for him. We are in Richmond, Virginia and would be happy to drive him to you if possible. This is my first time on this forum, so I am not sure how this works. If you are able to help out, my email is [email protected]. Best regards, Greg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Maybe I can take it and ship it to Maggie later? I am in North Chesterfield

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
FYI no information from Maggie or the person who posted.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I don't know @maggie3fan, or how I would get a tortoise to her. Ink, are you in North Chesterfield Va?
I have family that lives in Gloucester Va and they are coming to visit in the Spring....or I will pay for shipping also in the Spring when it's warmer. Why don't you pm me with what you want for the tort....age and sex? And are you in a hurry to get rid of it? maybe Ink can hold it for me if you need to get it gone quickly. I think I can get great references for you....but that one person is still in jail...lol

Lego man

5 Year Member
We are in coastal NC and have a Redfoot that we’ve had for several years. He has a 1500sf setup. That’s a lot of room for just one so we’d like to find him some friends. We would be willing to meet you somewhere since we are not real far away. I PMd you with more info

TimR

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Is you redfoot a confirmed male?
If it turns out to be a female, I would be interested. I am in Vienna, Virginia, but already have a male redfoot and a female yellowfoot. I would be willing to add another female, but not another male.

Thanks,
Tim

Lego man

5 Year Member
Just following up to see if you found a home for your Redfoot I also sent you a PM with some info

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
Folks, I mean no disrespect to several of you who have responded, but I am not sure how to ensure I'm providing Rocco (my Redfoot) a good home. I've heard that I shouldn't provide him for free to ensure he gets a serious owner. Again, he is about 5-6 years old and very friendly and healthy. I can't provide him the space he needs, so reluctantly, we are trying to find him a good place. I apologize in advance for my deliberate approach, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to ensure I'm providing him a good home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Greg,
I can understand your concern's. From your "Handle" it appears as you are new to TFO (Tortoise Forum).
My advice to you is . . . to read what the Moderators say, they are typically long time Tort Parents/TFO participants to the point that they are given responsibilities to wrangle this herd of folks that love and care for Tort's and turtles. The mods are not just given these responsibilities lightly, it is typically because of their experience, knowledge and contacts here.
If they recommend someone here, there is the highest chance that the person they recommended will give your tort the care & love it needs... IMHO
And thank you for thinking of the care for your tort :tort:both now and for the future, I commend you for that....

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Folks, I mean no disrespect to several of you who have responded, but I am not sure how to ensure I'm providing Rocco (my Redfoot) a good home. I've heard that I shouldn't provide him for free to ensure he gets a serious owner. Again, he is about 5-6 years old and very friendly and healthy. I can't provide him the space he needs, so reluctantly, we are trying to find him a good place. I apologize in advance for my deliberate approach, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to ensure I'm providing him a good home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'm interested...

Reactions: Ink

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
I have family that lives in Gloucester Va and they are coming to visit in the Spring....or I will pay for shipping also in the Spring when it's warmer. Why don't you pm me with what you want for the tort....age and sex? And are you in a hurry to get rid of it? maybe Ink can hold it for me if you need to get it gone quickly. I think I can get great references for you....but that one person is still in jail...lol
Hi maggie3fan,
It seems like you have a 'fan base' among the forum members! That's great as we would like to find Rocco a good home. He is 5-6 years old. His ventral shell is slightly concave, so I assume he is a he (I am not a tortoise expert). We are not in a hurry, but I think he does need a good home. It sounds like you have experience and a good place for him. Can you tell me about that? And let's talk about how I can get him transferred to West Coast (I'm in Virginia). Thanks,
Greg