Red footed tortoise

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hey!!! I was gone on a serious road trip and ya'll started to like me behind my back!!! Wow...I also want a Corvette, how about you write to Chevy ad brag about how I deserve one...lol
@Greg50 Please don't think I was ignoring you...can't use my computer while driving...lol...I had the opportunity to get a RF while in Calif...but the timing just wasn't there.
I have only had 1 RF and that was a foster who went to live in Oklahoma, but he got me interested in the species.I took 3 Russians to Calif...(say that on FB, get my 'account shut down for 24 hrs) recently so I'd like to fill their spot with a RF. I have kept Sulcata, Gopherus agassizii, Russians, Hermanni...I am not an expert but I have experience. I live in Oregon and my tortoises live in a heated and insulated 20'x12' shed with doors to outside pens...here's a couple of photos...

Reactions: Ink

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hey!!! I was gone on a serious road trip and ya'll started to like me behind my back!!! Wow...I also want a Corvette, how about you write to Chevy ad brag about how I deserve one...lol
@Greg50 Please don't think I was ignoring you...can't use my computer while driving...lol...I had the opportunity to get a RF while in Calif...but the timing just wasn't there.
I have only had 1 RF and that was a foster who went to live in Oklahoma, but he got me interested in the species
.I took 3 Russians to Calif...(say that on FB, get my 'account shut down for 24 hrs) recently so I'd like to fill their spot with a RF. I have kept Sulcata, Gopherus agassizii, Russians, Hermanni...I am not an expert but I have experience. I live in Oregon and my tortoises live in a heated and insulated 20'x12' shed with doors to outside pens...here's a couple of photos...
Maggie, Stop Ur Killin me! 🤣
🤣🤣🤣

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
Hi Maggie, Sounds great. Are the pix you sent those in the video that came (after an ad)? If not, I'm not seeing them. Either way, I guess I need to figure out how to get Rocco to you. I'm not sure how to ship a tortoise? Suggestions appreciated.
Maggie, Stop Ur Killin me! 🤣
🤣🤣🤣

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi Maggie, Sounds great. Are the pix you sent those in the video that came (after an ad)? If not, I'm not seeing them. Either way, I guess I need to figure out how to get Rocco to you. I'm not sure how to ship a tortoise? Suggestions appreciated.
If you really are considering me...call shipyourreptiles and see if you can do that...I also have family in Gloucester...There's a problem w/my new laptop...so for some reason the photos won't post...I'm working on it...

Greg50

Richmond, Virginia
Hi again Maggie,
I'll look into shipment. I'm a bit skeptical about shipping, but what do I know. Gloucester is easy, but that begs the issue. Seems most reasonable to carry on the turtle in the cabin. Not sure that is allowed, but don't see why not (they let small dogs do this). I'll poke around and see what the possibilities are. Thanks again! Greg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I shipped a tortoise from north chesterfield, va to Maryland. @Maro2Bear recommended a shipping company (hopefully he can recommend the company to you). I forgot the name. It went so well.