Redfoot no longer shy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
So my redfoot was hatched in April 2010. The care has been exactly the same, but my redfoot has finally snapped out of his or her “shy” phase. Has this happened to anyone’s babies?

For the past year and a half or so, I felt like I had pet dirt! It was buried all day and I had to physically pull my guy out for him to drink/eat/defacate. He is now roaming around all the time, never buried, and soaks on his own! He even wakes me up at night with all the movement! It’s unbelievable how his behavior altered in the last couple of weeks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That took a bit longer than usual, huh?

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Haha yeah! I knew what I was in for though. He was probably the shyest one out of the group I picked from.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I have a 3" CBB and a 4" CB (raised in a South American Farm, bought at Petco) and the difference is night and day. The older one is very active and will wait by the food dish; the younger barely ever comes out of his log. He's gotten a little more adventurous, but not by much!

ijmccollum

5 Year Member
N. Utah
My lil' one used to burrow, power sleep, wake up, get a drink before heading over to check out the food bowel, then retire back to the power nap, seemed a bit skittish. Now when I have it out in the tort armchair playpen, it will scale the side and climb up my arm to my shoulder and survey the room. Still likes to power nap though. Can't wait 'till mine becomes more active, well maybe I can - it might be like trying to keep up with a toddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.