Redfoot shell rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristal redfoot

5 Year Member
.IMG_20120721_014125.jpgIMG_20120721_014142.jpgIMG_20120721_014125.jpgThis is my first tortoise and am worried. If you could please help me and take a look at my redfoots shell because I do not know if the coloring on it is normal... Could it be shell rot?

Last edited by a moderator:

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Looks normal to me the pic's are a little blurry to say for sure could you take some more pics' ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi crystal redfoot:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'm sure you're talking about the whitish spots at the tops of the picture, and I really can't say for sure because the picture is too blurry. I have to say, though, that shell rot first appears on the plastron (botom shell). Have you tried to wash these spots off? Water and a soft-bristle brush.

cristal redfoot

5 Year Member
Hey guys sorry for taking so long! :)
So I used the betadine treatment for only 2 days just in case. But i noticed i always see it after he eats and it was the calcium! Oh I am so glad it was only that.

cristal redfoot

5 Year Member
I checked under its shell and it was white. the reason i posted the above pictures was because i didnt think they were normal but i did some research and they were. But after that i noticed the white and i did what i said on my comment above.

Status
Not open for further replies.