Reduced tortoise appetite

CaggyQ

Location (City and/or State)
Donegal
Hi everyone,

Another day… another update!

I’m back to full health, but unfortunately Yoshi is still out himself. I bought him the UV long bulb and T5 setup, the thermostat, the ceramic heat bulb and some prickly pear cactus. All of this should be arriving on Monday/Tuesday (the wait is horrible). Yoshi is not eating well at all (since last Thursday, he’s ate one lettuce leaf and two dandelions).

I’ve lowered the wattage of the basking bulb in the viv to 75 watt, have been bathing him every three days and have been constantly changing his food. I feel so at a loss and so incredibly worried! The vet said he was stressed, but even with my minimal contact he’s not showing much desire to be active.

This is like a horrible, never-ending story 🙈 as soon as the lights are delivered he’ll be back into his brand new enclosure. I’m worried that’ll even stress him out.

Attached a picture of him today. In my head he looks so sad!

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Attachments

• 55A0B61C-A113-4500-A413-539CECAEC2AC.jpeg
    55A0B61C-A113-4500-A413-539CECAEC2AC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
Hi everyone,

Another day… another update!

I’m back to full health, but unfortunately Yoshi is still out himself. I bought him the UV long bulb and T5 setup, the thermostat, the ceramic heat bulb and some prickly pear cactus. All of this should be arriving on Monday/Tuesday (the wait is horrible). Yoshi is not eating well at all (since last Thursday, he’s ate one lettuce leaf and two dandelions).

I’ve lowered the wattage of the basking bulb in the viv to 75 watt, have been bathing him every three days and have been constantly changing his food. I feel so at a loss and so incredibly worried! The vet said he was stressed, but even with my minimal contact he’s not showing much desire to be active.

This is like a horrible, never-ending story 🙈 as soon as the lights are delivered he’ll be back into his brand new enclosure. I’m worried that’ll even stress him out.

Attached a picture of him today. In my head he looks so sad!

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.
Hi!

I understand why you are worried. If my tortoise would stop eating - I would ring all the bells.

What are temperatures with the new basking lamp? Nighttime low, basking area, cold part during the day.

If he had any poops how do they look like?

Did you try offering him squash or zucchini/marrow? Of any other "tempting" foods like radicchio?