Repashy Superpig

TedandTammy

Location (City and/or State)
Upper Midwest United States
I am considering Repashy Superpig as well as Repashy SuperVeggie for my cherryhead and redfoot tortoise. I read a discussion regarding the superveggie and am mainly needing more information for the superpig. If anyone has some thoughts to share that would be appreciated! I would like to add that I am not intending to incorporate these products every day with their feed.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Looks like it's a mainly a "vitamin A" (it's a group of substances) supplement. Vitamin A deficiency is very unlikely in herbivorous animals such as tortoises. So I see no benefits in using it, especially considering risks of overdosing.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I never heard of SuperPig.
I used the Repashy powder that you cook with water and it turns into a gel type food. It had a sulcata on the bottle. You could add that one along with the one that has a Red foot on the container.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Welcome to the forum @TedandTammy ! Thanks for joining. Can you link to the discussion about superpig that you read? I'm curious what would make someone think to give this to a tortoise.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
The Repashy that I used was fruit flavored and the only supplement that I'd found at the time that my baby Redfoot wanted to eat.
It wasn't super pig
I no longer breed my Redfoot and I do not do supplements at all.
Repashy is high quality stuff. But may or may not be required

cooky_luvs

10 Year Member!
Garland, Texas
I like the rephasy grub pie. It’s made from black soldier fly larvae. It’s not something I feel they have to have but it’s something I give every now and again just to change things up. I haven’t given it in quite a while. I also give dried black soldier fly larvae, one of their favorite snacks to add some good protein. Black soldier fly have excellent calcium and low-fat.