Respiratory infection??

hello_you1

Location (City and/or State)
OR
My leopard hatchling has been blowing bubbles out of his nostril lately, but they’ve been eating, sleeping, drinking just fine. Their activity level doesn’t seem to have decreased or anything, and we’ve been monitoring the temperature and humidity as closely as possible, both of which are at adequate levels. The only thing that’s concerning at the moment is the bubbles, but we’re not exactly sure if it’s an infection. Any ideas on what could be going on, and if we need to treat it??

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
What type of thermometer are you using to read ur temps in the enclosure? And what are adequate temps?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
The coolest part of the enclosure should not drop below 80f day or night

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Those arent bad. What are ur temps day and night? And where are ur thermometers positioned? Do you have a heating element for night heat?

hello_you1

OR
What type of thermometer are you using to read ur temps in the enclosure? And what are adequate temps?
The temps aren’t as perfect as I’d like, but they’re not too bad, majority of the time even the places furthest from the heating lamps are about 82, but when sprayed down with water they can drop to around 77

hello_you1

OR
Those arent bad. What are ur temps day and night? And where are ur thermometers positioned? Do you have a heating element for night heat?
During the day it’s around 82 for the cooler ends and around 87 where we have one of the thermometers placed, some parts are around 90 and basking area is about 97-98. Under the hide it’s 84 during the day and dips down a couple degrees during the night, but unless it’s sprayed down the enclosure won’t go below 80. A ceramic heater is used overnight, but we’re considering getting a larger one

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I would raise ambient temps 85 day and night until the bubbles clear up. If doesnt get any better in a couple of weeks i would find a vet that specializes in reptiles.

Reactions: Ink