RI in my tortoise

ohio

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NEOhio
When is it OK to reintroduce a tortoise who has had a respiratory infection back into the rest of my creep?
She has had no signs for the last week and is eating again regularly again, she has been in isolation for a month now. No signs of runny nose, teary eyes, or any gasping. She still gets soaks, eats a little, a basks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have never dealt with that. But have seen a few on here and quite a few that relasp after seeking fine. If it were me, I would wait another week or even two. Let her fully recover with strength too.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would get a vet okay if itwas me.

ohio

5 Year Member
NEOhio
No vets where i am have much experience with tortoises, and i'm the kind of person that will not go to a doctor unless it's a life or death situation. It seems that everyone's so quick to have antibiotics or antiviral medications when our immune-systems are totally capable of fighting off infections. Go ahead everyone beat me up but I'm the only one at my place of employment who seems to have a great attendance record, and very rarely go to the doctor. I did go 2 years ago because i turned 40 and figured i should have a physical. Fit as a fiddle. If its not broke don't fix it. Americans are too over medicated in my opinion, what ever happen to natural healing? So again, with proper husbandry and care when she is clear of all symptoms when would it be acceptable to reintroduce her, a basic rule of thumb. 1 month no symptoms, 2? Just wondering. I would hate to have my barn yard vet give me the wrong advice.