Russian plastron. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
So I've noticed that my Russians plastron has been peeling, started of kinda small an has spread and got bigger.

Now there's a red spot at the front underneath where his head/neck would be. Been there for a lol over a week. Was keeping an eye on it, hasn't seemed to get worse, but bot better.

Gonna invest in some betadine or chlorhexadine but may not be until next Thursday. Not sure if he has been to a vet, any ideas on what this could be? Suggestions? I have posted before about this.

Here's pics

Attachments

• image-3792156809.png
    image-3792156809.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-4197906800.png
    image-4197906800.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2575576237.png
    image-2575576237.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 59

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
This looks pretty serious to me. I think you better get him to the vet ASAP. Whenever I see red like that I think of septicemia. I may be totally wrong, but why take a chance? Where are you lcoated?

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
I live in northeast Ohio. Hes active during the day but maybe for about 6-8 hrs. And then he stats burrowed or hidden the rest. Has a decent appetite and pooing/ peeing normal. Temps are good.

What is septicemia?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Septicimia is a blood infection. Usually this can be a cause by something minor like shell rot and if not treated will get to be Septicimia. If you start to see red in his skin on his legs and feet then it's led to piticial hemorrageing which is the third stage and usually the fatal stage of a very serious infection. The areas need to be cleaned and sterilized and with this stage perhaps antibiotics. It's pretty serious.veterinary assistance and exam should be taken ASAP to prevent further infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.