Russian tortoise diet

Deanlfcladd

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi I'm going to be housebound for atleast 2 weeks soon and will be unable to buy store bought food or fresh weeds for my baby Russian tort I'm unsure how to approach feeding what foods to try and what would be best for 2 weeks to a month I live in the UK and would like some recommendations please

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hi I'm going to be housebound for atleast 2 weeks soon and will be unable to buy store bought food or fresh weeds for my baby Russian tort I'm unsure how to approach feeding what foods to try and what would be best for 2 weeks to a month I live in the UK and would like some recommendations please
Hello and welcome!🐢💚

Is there a way for you to have home delivery? You could order any fresh grocery greens and I believe the ‘tortoise hut’ and ‘tortoise treats uk’ are selling fresh edible weed bags!

Whilst you’re here, don’t suppose you’d mind sharing how you’re keeping your baby? It’s nice to see with new members😊

What are your temperatures like? Ie basking spot(directly under the bulb) overall day temps, night temps?
What kind of lighting and heating are you using specifically? Packaging photos are good if you have any!
Do you use indoor uv? If so what kind?
How’s your humidity reading? What do you use for substrate?

A photo of the full set up would be great! Along with one of your tortoise if you didn’t mind sharing more🥰

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh also you could get some of this stuff to add on top of feeds to help with variety! You soak each cube(quantities on packet) until soft🙂
IMG_3049.jpeg

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Do you have your own yard? Could you make short trips there to forage for him?

Do you have any pellets available?

Deanlfcladd

Uk
Do you have your own yard? Could you make short trips there to forage for him?

Do you have any pellets available?
I unfortunately do not have a garden I was growing weeds over the warmer months but now the temps here have dropped I have ran out of weeds I do not currently have any dry foods but I'm looking for any good recommendations on dry foods/pellets that will be good in the short term while I'm unable to get out and to add to food in future to help round out a diet

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I unfortunately do not have a garden I was growing weeds over the warmer months but now the temps here have dropped I have ran out of weeds I do not currently have any dry foods but I'm looking for any good recommendations on dry foods/pellets that will be good in the short term while I'm unable to get out and to add to food in future to help round out a diet
Agrobs and Zoomed grassland are other options in addition to the ones Littleredfootbigredheart recommended. Some tortoises won't eat the pellets without any greens though...

Depending on how much time you have to prepare, think of frozen vegetables for example. Don't worry about variety too much. It is just two weeks. How do you get food for yourself? Do you have any option to order food delivered to your home?