Russian tortoise not pooping?

Stephrachlau91

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
So I’m starting to get worried about Henry... I’ve been soaking him and feeding him properly - even got the correct light/heat set up in his home and he hasn’t pooped in like 3-4 days. Normally he would go every day or at least every other day. Today I soaked him extra long. He still wouldn’t poop. He isn’t acting sick if anything he is more active since I added the CHE to his tank. After his soak today he ran straight to his food bowl so I don’t know. I did find “urine” in his cage (white spot) so I know he did that at the very least sometime last night.

I’m probably panicking over nothing - like I said in my introduction I’m super cautious about him. Any tips or do I need to shush my face and wait?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think you need to "shush your face" and wait until or if you see signs of sluggishness or poor appetite. Sometimes tortoises eat their feces.

Stephrachlau91

Missouri
I think you need to "shush your face" and wait until or if you see signs of sluggishness or poor appetite. Sometimes tortoises eat their feces.

hahaha. I was worried that was the case. Normally he poops when he soaks I was just starting to get worried. I’ll shush for a few days then! Thank you for dealing with my tortoise anxiety.