RVs yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
First pic is of the yard, showing the plywood sheltering the entrance to RVs den
RVsyard.jpg

The next is RV, checking out the weather
justhanging.jpg

She can be lured with the right treat..
enjoyingthegoodlife.jpg

winter forage - she spurns hay.
DSCN1532.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

And now that the cantaloupe is done, RV has decided to take herself off to den... perchance to dream, but more likely to dig.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Great pictures! Look at all that space to roam! RV is very lucky :)
What kind of plant is that in the last picture?

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Its called Elephant Foot. She sometimes eats it, sometimes not. Cactus always. The grass in the back yard would be as tall as what is near the house - but that she grazes it down. she prefers it short, so when it gets too big, I will mow. I leave that spot by the spigot as there is a house gecko that lives there.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Did RV dig her own burrow, then you added the ply wood?

the plywood was an election sign we pulled down some weeks after election. We were cheered by the folks across the street. Anyway, the plywood was leaned against the block wall and after time, began to warp. As RV got bigger, we just turned the warped side out, and it eventually curved over. I'm trying to figure out what we'll do when it finally gives up and we have to replace it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What a fantastic yard! Look at all that humidity-increasing grass and stuff. No wonder she's so smooth!

I meant to answer you about the hay thing in another thread. Try holding a clump of your bermuda grass hay with one hand and chopping it up with scissors into half inch pieces. Then spray your pile of chopped grass hay with water and let it sit for a few minutes. This will rehydrate the grass and make it look like its fresh grass. Then, mix it in with whatever other stuff you are feeding. Like you could sprinkle some on top of the cantaloupe or mix it in with greens. Gradually mix in more and more and pretty soon she'll be used to it. Then you can gradually mix in more and more hay and hydrate it less and less. Pretty soon, she'll just be eating dry hay out of a pile.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
RV is gorgeous and what a great yard.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Your yard and my yard are very similar and nobody believed me when I said I wouldn't have to mow this summer and it's true...I haven't. This is also the first summer I didn't add SUMMERGUARD to my front lawn...instead I planted Buffalo Grass and they love it when I allow them access to the front yard when I'm working out there.

I gotta say also that RV has moved into my TOP 3 (behind my Aladar and Maggie's Bob);)

Status
Not open for further replies.