SA Leopards

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have a male SA leopard from Tom in 2010 and another male from Ben Awes in 2013. I saw them both together this a.m. and thought it might be nice to update @ben awes on how BenAwes is doing.

BenAwes 6-24-19.jpg

That's BenAwes on the left. The two boys do a bit of pushing and shoving, but not a whole lot. Their yard is so big that they don't get together very often. Both boys are nice and smooth. The female 2010 is way bigger.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I have a male SA leopard from Tom in 2010 and another male from Ben Awes in 2013. I saw them both together this a.m. and thought it might be nice to update @ben awes on how BenAwes is doing.

View attachment 275315

That's BenAwes on the left. The two boys do a bit of pushing and shoving, but not a whole lot. Their yard is so big that they don't get together very often. Both boys are nice and smooth. The female 2010 is way bigger.
Is the Benawes male doing any mounting or just the older male? They both look great

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So far no mounting, just pushing. The 2010 female has started laying eggs, though, and I've seen "Tom" mount her.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
They are one of my favorite tortoises.
I love their shell patterns.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
So far no mounting, just pushing. The 2010 female has started laying eggs, though, and I've seen "Tom" mount her.
Just curious if you know their shell length. I think "Tom" ended up being the smaller of the males I saw from the 2010 bunch. It seems to be a bigger spectrum of adult size on the SA males vs SA females.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, Tom is small, and compared to Tom's SA 2010 leopards my female is smaller too. I'm afraid I didn't feed them enough. I depended upon them eating what's growing in their yard. Both the males are a little over a foot long.