Safely Treating Fungus On Plants

bigsulcata

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello,

Back again with another gardening question as I continue to repair my lawn for my Sulcata to roam on.

The St Augustine grass has a case of Gray Leaf Spot Fungus so I am trying to figure out a safe way to control the fungus while making sure my Sulcata can safely eat the grass after treatment (ideally only needing to remove my Sulcata from the grass for a short period of time as well). Unless I don’t need to control this type of fungus?

Any thoughts and/or expertise in this area would be greatly appreciated.

The safest option I can think of would be to use microbes, like Arber’s Organic Bio-Fungicide which is only Bacillus microorganisms that can treat and control fungus. I’ve also heard of a tablespoon of baking soda, a drop of dawn dish soap, and a gallon of water is an organic fungicide.

IMG_8526.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try baking soda. Either spread it on the lawn in the fungus area or add to water and spray.
If you can, I would block your sully from getting to it until the soda has a chance to work. Then I would spray the area down good before letting sully in.
Look up baking soda for gray leaf fungus. You might find more info on it as far as amount and time it takes to work

bigsulcata

California
Try baking soda. Either spread it on the lawn in the fungus area or add to water and spray.
If you can, I would block your sully from getting to it until the soda has a chance to work. Then I would spray the area down good before letting sully in.
Look up baking soda for gray leaf fungus. You might find more info on it as far as amount and time it takes to work
How long should I keep her off of it before she eats it then? I’ve read to apply the solution every 3 days until its better or every 10 days for shrubs. I guess I’m more wondering how long it takes for the baking soda to get broken down or pass through the first few inches of topsoil