Second vet

ISU

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
I could not believe the vet I went to a few days ago, so today I met a vet in another city 80km away. The vet had worked at the largest zoo in Korea and knew well about reptiles. The vet had a chameleon in the hospital.

It was the first time I saw it in real life, but it was very cute.

Tests showed that her poop had hepatitis and E. coli. The vet said it was not serious, and he gave me medicine.

My tort still eats well, and I will give her medicine as the vet said.

It's spring now, I went here by motorcycle and it was a fun experience. The cherry blossoms in the countryside were very beautiful.

I'm very lucky to meet you at this forum. Always be careful of corona virus. 20200402_120549.jpg20200402_132509.jpg20200402_151014.jpg20200331_074003.jpg

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Chameleons are cool!

Thanks for the update and for giving your little one the very best!

Reactions: ISU

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I see your correction about hepatitis, however, some strains of E coli are actually a beneficial bacteria for reptiles. As far as causing disease, there are a few strains that do cause disease, but only in warm blooded animals.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
I see your correction about hepatitis, however, some strains of E coli are actually a beneficial bacteria for reptiles. As far as causing disease, there are a few strains that do cause disease, but only in warm blooded animals.

The tort has symptoms...yellow, slimy feces; poor appetite.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
The tort has symptoms...yellow, slimy feces; poor appetite.
I would believe there is a translation issue. Even "bacillus" are gram postitive and would not expect problems in reptiles. I would expect the symptoms to be indicative of a protozoan infection exacerbated by a high load in captivity. Flagellates or perhaps Entamoeba likely suspects, not the E coli causing the symptoms.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISU

ISU

South Korea
I would believe there is a translation issue. Even "bacillus" are gram postitive and would not expect problems in reptiles. I would expect the symptoms to be indicative of a protozoan infection exacerbated by a high load in captivity. Flagellates or perhaps Entamoeba likely suspects, not the E coli causing the symptoms.
Thank you for your reply. That's right. I rarely use English in real life and my English is not good.

Especially these medical words never have a chance to speak English.

The vet prescribed Triethoprim sulfadiazine and Metronidazole.

Yesterday we had two kinds of tests, and the vet said there was no protozoa. And he said her digestive system is a little weak.

I had given her antibiotics for about 6days before I met this vet.The previous vet didn't tell me the type of antibiotics.

Anyway, she's eating well. The stool doesn't smell anymore. Thank God!

Reactions: Ink