Setting up for a new leopard

AMBene

10 Year Member!
I have been working on an enclosure for a leopard hatchling. My indoor enclosure is 36 x 24. I will send a pic shortly. This is what I have so far.
I have an enclosed set up with 4-5 inches of coir and husk substrate. A T5 HO 10.0 UVB bulb. A basking light and humidity of around 80+. Monitoring temps as of now. Low temps end in mid 8Os, upper temp end mid 90s. Under basking light has been running hot at 110+. Going to try a lower watt bulb. Also directly under my CHE the temp has been 110-115+. However I have it in a mini deep dome and upon further research found out that I need a standard wide at least 8.5” fixture. Will have that tomorrow. Growing wheat grass, blue fescue, thyme and dandelions. Will have spring mix and opuntia pads plus Mazuori tortoise food. A cuttle bone, calcium powder and miner-all. A small plant sauce with pebbles to keep water and a small tile to fee upon. Can anyone think of anything else?

AMBene

10 Year Member!
The 2 large pots will come out. They are just there to get more grass growing to supplement feeding. Have started several large pots also.

AMBene

10 Year Member!
Still have to cut out a hole in back to run wires through. Will be using a wire manager cover to minimize heat/humidity escape.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Looks nice. Try using markw84's trick of adding some type of clump grass with long hanging blades. . . or even a spider plant. They love to nestle in under the plant.

AMBene

10 Year Member!
I actually have several spider plants with babies. I will transplant 1 or 2 of those. Thanks for the great idea!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sounds pretty close. Lower wattage basking bulb should do it. Is the CHE set on a thermostat?

Regular leopards aren't usually all that keen on grass, but its not harmful.

JessMess

Pasadena
Is this a Greenhouse box/ stand? If so, is it still working for you? I am looking into Ideas for enclosures and really like yours :)

AMBene

10 Year Member!
Is this a Greenhouse box/ stand? If so, is it still working for you? I am looking into Ideas for enclosures and really like yours :)

Sorry. Have been off for a bit. Yes it is a green house box. I lined it with corrugated plastic to seal it well and put a rubber gasket around the door. I have 5 temp humidity monitors, a CHE and a T10 bulb. My hatchling has thrived! I have followed Toms advice to the T.