Setting up new closed chamber.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404421126.741252.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404421143.757530.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1404421171.974939.jpg

I made a hide made from a $5 hanging basket with a coco liner. I got it at lowes. I cut a section and bent it up.
I cut the liner into strips and then covered it with damp sheet moss.

Elohi(Earth)

Jerry520

Still waiting for your complete pics. How do you seal your tent top with the duck tape?

txturtledude

5 Year Member
DFW Area, Texas
View attachment 85998
View attachment 85999
View attachment 86000

I made a hide made from a $5 hanging basket with a coco liner. I got it at lowes. I cut a section and bent it up.
I cut the liner into strips and then covered it with damp sheet moss.

Hello,

Are your torts using the new hide and are they going in it on their own? That is a really good idea and it probably stays really humid in there. Also, where did you get the sheet moss?

Thanks!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Just to update everyone, this enclosure is fantastic. It is working out really well. I am thrilled!

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I see four lamps. Are two CHE and the others are UVB. Just curious on the requirements.

No UVB at all actually. They go outside for their UVB. Their are 4 lamps but not all are on at any given time. Two are for night heat. Two are for daytime heat/light. One of my daytime bulbs is in a dimmer to add additional warmth. I plan to switch to thermostats at some point.

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
And I have a crane ultrasonic humidifier in during the day. That's working out very well!

Elohi(Earth)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Ok thanks, Do you leave the humidifier on always or is it on a timer?
Same question! I had an idea about setting the humidifier on a different timer than the lights and just setting it to go off for 15 minutes every three or four hours. My question though is can the humidifier be turned to the on position and operated in this way? I was looking at the same one monica bought.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Ok thanks, Do you leave the humidifier on always or is it on a timer?
I plan to put it on a timer. Right now I just turn it on during the day and check on it when I check on the Leo's. I haven't found the perfect solution to condensation back flow (dropping). I need better tape LOL. for now I have a hand towel underneath the humidifier to catch any drips. Sometimes it doesn't drop at all, then other times it does. I haven't been using at night since the humidity naturally climbs at night with the lights off.

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Same question! I had an idea about setting the humidifier on a different timer than the lights and just setting it to go off for 15 minutes every three or four hours. My question though is can the humidifier be turned to the on position and operated in this way? I was looking at the same one monica bought.

This humidifier is AWESOME. It's super quiet and has worked very well.

Elohi(Earth)

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
So glad this worked out! I love my little green house....yours is much prettier my tanks would destroy that.

Sariss

Collingwood, Ontario
This idea gave me enough inspiration to order this kit for my Redfoot!! I'm excited!
Does that humidifier come with the tubing I see?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
This idea gave me enough inspiration to order this kit for my Redfoot!! I'm excited!
Does that humidifier come with the tubing I see?

It doesn't actually. I was lucky enough to score that tube from a friend here on the forum.

Elohi(Earth)