'shelfies'

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
Carrot soak? Tell me more! Love the photos, everyone! :)
....Sarcasm? Or do you really want to know more? Because here comes some information.
Carrot Soaks: Take organic baby carrot food, mix it with warm water for your turtle/tortoise to soak in. The carrot baby food is vitamin A rich and the soak is used when a Vitamin A deficiency is suspected (swollen and closed eyes difficult to open with possible pus in eyelids, the start of a respiratory infection, etc) to try and help stave off the medical issues and illnesses associated with a Vitamin A deficiency. You can also use pureed carrots mixed with warm water. Generally the chelonian should soak for 30 minutes at least, but be sure to maintain the proper temperature for the water (85 Fahrenheit is usually recommended).
To the people more knowledgeable than me: If I have something wrong or almost wrong, please correct me.

irishshake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Calgary, Alberta
....Sarcasm? Or do you really want to know more? Because here comes some information.
Carrot Soaks: Take organic baby carrot food, mix it with warm water for your turtle/tortoise to soak in. The carrot baby food is vitamin A rich and the soak is used when a Vitamin A deficiency is suspected (swollen and closed eyes difficult to open with possible pus in eyelids, the start of a respiratory infection, etc) to try and help stave off the medical issues and illnesses associated with a Vitamin A deficiency. You can also use pureed carrots mixed with warm water. Generally the chelonian should soak for 30 minutes at least, but be sure to maintain the proper temperature for the water (85 Fahrenheit is usually recommended).
To the people more knowledgeable than me: If I have something wrong or almost wrong, please correct me.

I might have to start doing this for myself, but I will try it on Zohan first

Last edited by a moderator: