Shell crack on the edge

paemaker

Location (City and/or State)
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi guys! yesterday I realized my little tort's shell cracked. It cracked on the edge of his shell. You can see that in the circle in the picture I attached.
I can move it up and down a little but it hasn't completely fallen off yet. I don't want to pull it out because I'm afraid it will hurt him although it's a very small part of him. However, at this point, he doesn't get sad or look hurt. He just does his activities like he always does.
I'm quite worried about him and how it can affect his health. Can someone explain or educate me on this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_11901.jpg
    IMG_11901.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would lightly wash it with just water and then put some OTC antibiotic cream on it and leave it alone. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't get worse or start to look infected and keep the flies out of it.

paemaker

Bangkok, Thailand
I would lightly wash it with just water and then put some OTC antibiotic cream on it and leave it alone. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't get worse or start to look infected and keep the flies out of it.
I still soak daily, is that okay?
Also, do I have to move him to a dry place for a short period?
For the antibiotic cream, I'm not sure where I can get it in my country. The best I can find right now on the internet is the turtle medication bacteria and fungus.

Now he looks super normal and doesn't seem to get sick. I can't see any signs of infection but I'll just keep my eyes on him.