Shell rot wild red belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamwallaby

5 Year Member
I found this turtle while herping. I released it but now I'm thinking I should have taken it to wildlife vet.ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366040628.465856.jpgv

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOW, that's some bad stuff going on. If you were to take it in, if you were to find it again, do you have the space to keep it. I would imagine it would take quite a long time to heal him up and I'm not sure if he would then be able to be released back to the wild. On the other hand, will he live much longer in that condition? I guess if you found him again, that would be a sign you need to intervene.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Yeah i agree with Wellington, in the time it would take to heal, it would get used to tank life and being fed and then it would probably die in the wild. As sad as it is, i think the best thing to do is let nature take its course, you cant save them all... :(

Dreamwallaby

5 Year Member
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to keep him here. I would take him to Cedar run Wildlife rescue. What causes this?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Shell rot wild red belly

Dreamwallaby said:
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to keep him here. I would take him to Cedar run Wildlife rescue. What causes this?

I would like to know to so this does not happen to my sliders .

Status
Not open for further replies.