Shell

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Looks like they’ve scraped the top of their shell, though it could potentially be a minor burn, are they young enough that they’re indoors with heat lamps still? Or are they housed outside?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can anyone tell me what this patch on my sulcata's shell is
I don't see any abrasion there to make me think it is a scrape. Could be a mild burn, but sometimes these little patches just happen. Maybe it was a little too dry in that spot when the new growth was forming?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Tortoise looks dry, introduce regular warm shallow soaks for 30 mins in a high sided container. Check diet and ensure calcium is provide for good shell, bone, beak and claw growth. I would also give the shell a gentle run over with a soft toothbrush and wipe on some coconut oil on the top to help moisturise new growth and scutes. Enjoy

Maba_thesulcata2

California
Tortoise looks dry, introduce regular warm shallow soaks for 30 mins in a high sided container. Check diet and ensure calcium is provide for good shell, bone, beak and claw growth. I would also give the shell a gentle run over with a soft toothbrush and wipe on some coconut oil on the top to help moisturise new growth and scutes. Enjoy
Thank you for the advice!