Should I or... shouldn't I get a leopard~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
So I've been deciding if I want to get another leopard or not.. to add to the family. Oh gosh I need some restraints. Anyway what I've also been wondering is... when they are young their scutes the rings and dots are darker... more uhh... obvious? As they get older do they all fade out or it depends on certain factors? Anyway the moral of the story is, I kinda want one with a heart shaped scute on the very upper front one above the head :)

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Mao Senpai said:
So I've been deciding if I want to get another leopard or not.. to add to the family. Oh gosh I need some restraints. Anyway what I've also been wondering is... when they are young their scutes the rings and dots are darker... more uhh... obvious? As they get older do they all fade out or it depends on certain factors? Anyway the moral of the story is, I kinda want one with a heart shaped scute on the very upper front one above the head :)

The little patterns you see in Leopards would disappear by adult-hood. Most of them (maybe all) actually would lose their baby scute patterns. So I would not make that a deciding factor in getting one. Although the pattern would stay for years, it will eventually go away.

Something like this.
http://www.reptiles1.com/lg_adult_leopard.html

Take a look at the forum for adult pictures of Leo's or google it. That is what they all typically look like (colors will vary).

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I'm assuming you already have a leopard and want to add another one, and I would say okay if you have the ability to properly care for them, such as a large enough enclosure. My three get along great so it is possible to keep a happy family. :)

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Well, I have two at the moment, and thought about a third. When I move in the next 6 months or so, I may have access to a big big yard so.... when they do get big enough I'd take them outside where they can roam and do whatever they pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.