Sick sulcata hatchling

Tortuga Lover AZ

Hello all! Hopefully you can help! We found sulcata hatchling that's about 5 months old in the alley. He is walking, but cannot open his eyes and is not eating. I am soaking him to get hydrated. He must have been outside all winter long in the cold. He is number 48 of our hatchlings that must have escaped. How can I help him to get better?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Baby food soaks might help.

Also, are you keeping him 80F+ day and night with a 100 degree basking spot for 12 hours a day? Are you using an MVB or long tube type UV bulb?

Have you been soaking daily? Keeping him humid?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hello all! Hopefully you can help! We found sulcata hatchling that's about 5 months old in the alley. He is walking, but cannot open his eyes and is not eating. I am soaking him to get hydrated. He must have been outside all winter long in the cold. He is number 48 of our hatchlings that must have escaped. How can I help him to get better?
A very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

Please post pictures of the poor little tort, and his enclosure so as to enable us to help you more. Have you read the different care sheets as well as threads? These too, are of help for "beginners."

And keep soaking him every day, so as to avoid dehydration. How about taking him to a vet?

Please do not hesitate to ask questions whenever in doubt, and good luck!:D