Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I'm surprised that it tok 38 posts for someone to finally ask how your tortoise is being housed...

What heating and lighting equipment are you using? Are you using one of those coil type UV bulbs? How often would you say that he goes outside? Where in the country are you?

Your vet is treating symptoms, but does not appear to be doing anything to determine the CAUSE. Fix what's causing this problem and you might also fix the symptoms. He's not eating for a reason...

Hoping for the best for you.

DeeCee

5 Year Member
Toby is eating again!!!! It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. He hasn't eaten in so long I forgot how cute it is. This is the first time he has eaten on his own since he was force fed on Friday. I will update again tomorrow to see if it continues. I have been continuing with the soaks. I did a baby food soak yesterday, not sure if that also helped.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Awesome!!!!! Soooo happy to hear that he's eating!! Great job!!! Must be extremely stressful. Now you can breathe a little:) Keep up the good work and care.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
WTG!! So glad he is eating! I am sending postive healing energy to you both! I hope is continues! How is his swelling?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Its unfortunate that vets always want to give torts fit A shots. I had eastern box turtles years ago. One got very sick. I trusted this vet and he gave vit. A and D. I do know now that if any vet wants to give my tort a vit. A shot I'm going to refuse and run. So sorry your tort is sick. I hope things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.