Sigh! Why? Ugh!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do what you can to do the things you want to do now. There is ZERO guarantee you will make it too retirement.
I know so many people that retired and didn't even last a year. How sad if they put off what they wanted to do for retirement.

Melis

Maryland
Do what you can to do the things you want to do now. There is ZERO guarantee you will make it too retirement.
I know so many people that retired and didn't even last a year. How sad if they put off what they wanted to do for retirement.
Love this ❤️

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Just saying.. why am I only 48 and not old enough to retire yet? Our friends are kayaking and traveling like we want to, but I’m only 48 and husband is 55 ... never In my life would I think I wanted to be older.., well now I do lol

I understand this. Can't join the club unless you are better than 50. But if we are lucky enough to get old we will get everything. Arthritis, Osteoporosis, high blood pressure, some kind of other Itis or Osis. Don't forget the cancer scare. Can hardly wait. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You are soooo very lucky to be only 48. I wish I could go back to that time. Growing old is not for sissies, is such a true saying. Like Barb said, do those things now. You may not have a chance if you wait.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I need to take all this advice....but it's soooo hard to save up for retirement AND spend money(and lose money being off work) on having fun now while i can....

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
We have mandatory overtime, but when not working we hit the fishing and kayaking every chance we get. I’m still going kayaking tomorrow with torn ligaments in my left knee! Go hard or go home [emoji23]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You only get one life. Live it.

I ain't never waited for nuthin' and I ain't never gonna. Do what you want to do NOW! Find a way. Make it happen.

You can either get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. Your choice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I need to take all this advice....but it's soooo hard to save up for retirement AND spend money(and lose money being off work) on having fun now while i can....
While your not retired, the money spent can still be made. Unless your rich, you will be on a budget when your retired. No means of making more money unless you get a job.
Not to say you shouldn't save for retirement. However, you have too live now, not just exist. That retirement is not guaranteed, heather is good health. Illness and/or death at any time is.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I understand this. Can't join the club unless you are better than 50. But if we are lucky enough to get old we will get everything. Arthritis, Osteoporosis, high blood pressure, some kind of other Itis or Osis. Don't forget the cancer scare. Can hardly wait. :)

And a few bad knees and hips to boot..

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
We have between us 40% going into retirement, either we put it in 401k or it gets taken in taxes... I rather save it for retirement lol...

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I shouldn’t complain... we work a lot but we do more! I just want to not work #lazy [emoji23]

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Do you still like what you do for a living? I had several very different jobs throughout my working years, and found that it was refreshing to start something new.
It's true about nothing being guaranteed. I developed rheumatoid arthritis when I was 43, and worked until I was 57, when I "retired" due to disability. I am now 67.
I'm so glad we planned well for retirement, so we don't have to constantly worry about money while we deal with health issues.
I also agree with Tom, Wellington, and the others...find ways to have some fun every day. Start working on your "bucket list", and start scratching things off it while you still can.
My husband is now in poor health. Most of my time is now spent caring for him, caring for our pets, and maintaining the household. I'm glad I have lots of fun memories to look back on.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
We both love our jobs most of the time ... there isn’t any job I’ve ever had that was perfect... this is the best job I’ve ever had and been there 6 years, husband has best job ever and he’s been with his company for 24 years. I’ve worked some crappy *** jobs in my life too lol

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
On a good note,,, spent 4 hours this afternoon swimming with granddaughter, soaking Daisy, pulling grass and weeds, trimming trees and shrubs, packing for kayaking trip tomorrow, that was after working 10 hours in an office , I LOVE working outside!!! Husband is working mandatory overtime this weekend.. 7th day is double time! So I’m off with my kayak crew! Hubby goes fishing and kayaking when he has weekdays off... without me [emoji23]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
That orchid bark makes her a dirty girl, I kept waiting for her to poo in water and after 45 minutes and 4 water changes ... I was going to put her back and realize she had giant poo ALL in her 2 water dishes [emoji90]