Smart outlet recommendations

NamedNut

Location (City and/or State)
SW Washington
For those that use them, what brand of smart outlet do you prefer to use with your lights, etc.?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
One of the really nice features of the smart outlets/plugs/lights is that they are programmed and controlled from your phone. So my biggest recommendation is to be sure you get an outlet or power strip that uses a standard program that is used by many products. You don't want to have to use multiple apps to go back and forth between different lights or fixtures you have set up over time. I use smart plugs and outlets that use the app "Smart Life". It makes life much easier when you have dozens of different things that need to be monitored.

As far as brand, I've used many. Currently I do use and install in all my enclosures the Tessan power strip with 3 individually controllable outlets and 3 always on outlets Been very happy with them.

NamedNut

SW Washington
One of the really nice features of the smart outlets/plugs/lights is that they are programmed and controlled from your phone. So my biggest recommendation is to be sure you get an outlet or power strip that uses a standard program that is used by many products. You don't want to have to use multiple apps to go back and forth between different lights or fixtures you have set up over time. I use smart plugs and outlets that use the app "Smart Life". It makes life much easier when you have dozens of different things that need to be monitored.

As far as brand, I've used many. Currently I do use and install in all my enclosures the Tessan power strip with 3 individually controllable outlets and 3 always on outlets Been very happy with them.
Thank you for the recommendation!

uscpsycho

Los Angeles
Since you are asking for recommendations, I'm going to assume you don't have a lot of experience with smart plugs and so I'm going to recommend this plug.

If you are using Alexa I think this is the easiest option because no additional apps or hubs are needed. You can add this plug directly into Alexa and control it from there. You can even add it using your voice (but you'll still have to use the app for scheduling). It doesn't get easier than this.

The link has options for a two-pack or four-pack, but don't miss the 25% off coupon.

NamedNut

SW Washington
Since you are asking for recommendations, I'm going to assume you don't have a lot of experience with smart plugs and so I'm going to recommend this plug.

If you are using Alexa I think this is the easiest option because no additional apps or hubs are needed. You can add this plug directly into Alexa and control it from there. You can even add it using your voice (but you'll still have to use the app for scheduling). It doesn't get easier than this.

The link has options for a two-pack or four-pack, but don't miss the 25% off coupon.
Thank you!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ive had great luck with products from KASA including their little wifi-enabled timers. The APP is super easy to install, set up & use.