Snake vs Tortoise

mrscruffy

One of those things that makes you say "Hmm ?" Sort of like sheep and crocodiles both live in Australia , so lets put them together to see if they get along . :rolleyes:

Sheep didn't evolve in Australia, they were a fortunate later arrival for the crocs! Much more meat than a roo! Pity most of the other animals that arrived after European settlement so damaged the unique ecosystem.

mrscruffy

Thank you for saving me from having to add that caveat. King cobras are scary smart. No snake should be that smart...

My uncle insisted in his expierce on the land that the Australian tiger snake is more intelligent than other numerous snakes he encounters.

My niece almost hit a cobra the other day on the motorbike. She said this cobra was black and white which is not the right colour to be a King, which I believe are a seperate specices? Are the other Cobras as intelligent?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My uncle insisted in his expierce on the land that the Australian tiger snake is more intelligent than other numerous snakes he encounters.

My niece almost hit a cobra the other day on the motorbike. She said this cobra was black and white which is not the right colour to be a King, which I believe are a seperate specices? Are the other Cobras as intelligent?

I have no experience with tiger snakes, so I can't speak to that.

King cobras are very special. I have not seen the intelligence they demonstrate in other cobra species.

I don't have all that much cobra experience all total, but I work with the guys that handle them every day when I do occasionally work with them, so I get the insider low down.