So hey about my turtle.....

Myrtle that turtle

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I have a sulcata(I think you spell it like that) he's like a year to a year and a half old and he was screamed twice in the last few months so I read some stuff and ended taking him on a car ride and let him wander around a field for a little(he completely let his butt go on the way to the field so I think that helped) and then when I got home I gave him a nice warm bath. I think he's better now bc he's back to his old ways(working on pushing the kitchen table around... the little guy is almost there lol he already pushes me around the kitchen while i'm sitting in my chair doing remote learning.) so I think hes good. BTW about a half a year ago we stopped putting him in a tank/aquarium and now we let him wander around the house where ever he wants(we clean everyday and like never leave small stuff on the floor), and I think this is normal but he tries to push everything he can around(like chairs,tables,and basically anything he can get to) is that normal behavior?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They should never be loose on the floor. I've seen countless tortoises die that way. It can't be made safe, and it doesn't matter how much you supervise. In time, the tortoise will find a way to get itself sick, impacted, injured, or killed. Everyone thinks it won't happen right up until the day it happens. Save your tortoise. Get it into a large appropriate enclosure. You've already seen a problem, the screaming, which comes from constipation. That was your warning. Next time you might not be able to save him.

Yes it is normal for them to push things around. Little bulldozers they are.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I second Tom's post. At a year he should still be in an enclosed humid enclosure.
Read our caresheets and make much needed adjustments before it's too late.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Here's the care sheet for sulcatas.

Myrtle that turtle

Colorado