Sorry, same soaking questions!

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I know there are avers to these questions already but I can't find them[emoji57]
1) At what age/size do you stop daily soaks?
2) When is it less important to keep the enclosure humid?

Goliath is just over two years old now and weighs nearly 3000g. We're hoping to get him outside full-time (with hearted house and night box) next summer.

Thank you in advance [emoji4]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I do my leopards twice daily when really young for about 6 months then once daily for a year. If I have a good drinker or self soaker then at one at one or little older I will do every other day until around 2 years of age. I keep them inside until at least 3 years of age and soaking continues every 2-3 days. After 3 depending on size I will move them outside. 7-10 inches. You should always provide at least a humid hide. You should always lock them up at night.
At every age they get outside for short periods in summer and the time outside gets longer with age/growth.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thank you, that's very helpful. He does self soak, as well as his daily soaks so I'll gradually reduce those. I'll make sure his hide is kept humid and ensure that that's in place when he moves outside full time. I do make sure he has time out when it's warm enough and once he's 'outside full time' he'll have a large heated indoor area with a humid night box too.
Thanks again [emoji4]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I soak daily until they reach 100 grams. After that I skip a day now and then. By the time they reach 1000 grams, I soak 2 or 3 times a week.

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I soak daily until they reach 100 grams. After that I skip a day now and then. By the time they reach 1000 grams, I soak 2 or 3 times a week.
Good to know I've been spoiling Goliath with his daily soaks [emoji23] I won't worry about missing the odd day now. He's getting a bit big for the washing up bowl anyway!! Thank you for your help.[emoji4]