[split] tortoise needs help

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Looking to adopt

We've been PM' ing...
I'm going to either send her $50 to help, or buy her a PowerSun on my Amazon Prime account.

Anyone else able to chip in? She's not too far from Inland Empire where he is. I told her to call, and politely offer something like $200 cash and see if he will come down.

Until I move, I can't take in any large torts, but I'm happy to assist in cases like this.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Looking to adopt

I can help with money [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Looking to adopt

If he's still there by next weekend, she's going to get him. Yay!
I figure if we all help, even if we pitch in $5 here and $10 there...or more...we can get that poor guy into an appropriate home.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Looking to adopt

Sounds like a plan [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

ashbelys

5 Year Member
Looking to adopt

Who is the person that's going to get him? I can do like $20 or so

Also, there is another thread about this same tort so I can see if anyone on that is willing to pitch in. I just need to know the username of the person who's going to adopt him so I can refer them to you for donations.

ashbelys

5 Year Member
So SAD!

Ok guys, we may have someone to adopt him. Some of us are pitching in money. If you can help, let us know.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: Looking to adopt

OMG you guys!! So one of my friends went to go check him out for me and she said he's lethargic and seems to have a sinus/lung infection! And his shell has mold growing on the side opposite of the picture! He's very, very close to death.. She's a vet technician and says there's not really way to save him..
I was SO sad! I really don't think I could handle taking in a tort that I know is going to pass away! I can't bear to think about the depression that would follow!! I'm so sorry! I don't mean to be flakey and this isn't my personally at all! I'm all about saving the animals, but this is to much...
Thank you for all of your guys' support and I love how giving and greatful you all are, but I couldn't handle this. And I'm not a professional, I'm scared I wouldn't know how to treat the poor guy..
I'm SO so sorry :'( I really am. If someone with experience could get him, that'd be amazing...
Thank you.

And I can pitch in if any one (maybe with vet experience?) Could help him

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Re: So SAD!

How much is needed. I can help a lil. Pm if you need me to

Find out soon.. It says obo so try to drop it down to 250.

alexialawrence

5 Year Member
Looking to adopt

That's so sad! :( when I first looked at the picture he looked like he was close to death! Can't believe someone would treat an animal that way! I didn't offer to take him in cuz I didn't have experience to medically treat a tortoise like that. I love that you all have good hearts so thanks to all who offered to try and help the poor tort!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Re: Looking to adopt

That is awful. :( I hope someone can get it still. He/she really needs a good home.

easyreiter

5 Year Member
Looking to adopt

My heart aches so bad for this tort. And knowing that he lives so close to me. I wouldn't know how to ship him to someone, I don't know what I can do.

easyreiter

5 Year Member
So SAD!

lightsout2184 said:
I wish i had more space. That tortoise really deserves a better life. I live right by where it is also.

My heart is just broken. I hate that I live so close and I can't do anything.

Chainsawkitten said:
How far is the drive from AZ?

6 hours :(

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
So SAD!

Laura said:
I wouldn't pay to support that.. unless they have a good reason for the shape its in...

I see it as bail. These people have no idea. At lease it's not $2200 like the sully in Portland this summer!!

We are working on it. Any financial help is needed...$5, $10, etc. I can coordinate in you wish. I have a well established PayPal acct.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Looking to adopt

Did she tell them he is dying!!!
Call animal control!!! Get him seized!!

If someone can drive him up to Pleasanton, I can get him driven to me. I will hospitalize him. Or can we network a road trip? I can come down to Roseberg, OR. I think a member in southern Oregon would get him to Roseberg. And possibly I can get a small airplane to KFalls for fuel and have him flown to McMinnville.

ashbelys

5 Year Member
So SAD!

The person who was going to take him can't so i guess we should keep working on it. I'm across the country and live in a dorm so there isn't much I can do.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
RE: So SAD!

I asked him what happened to his tortoise and the guy said, " I'm driving, nothing is wrong with my tortoise, it's just too much sun light when I took the pictures, are you interested? " as well as, " It's just being big. I have others interested as well. If you are not interested, it's ok."

Too much sunlight & just being big? Hmmm.

_________
~ Shelly ~

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
So SAD!

ashbelys said:
The person who was going to take him can't so i guess we should keep working on it. I'm across the country and live in a dorm so there isn't much I can do.

You can donate money, ship out a donated piece of equipment when someone adopts him, call in a favor if you have a friend out here that can drive. :)
Just a few ideas.

I am more than willing to drive to Roseberg, which is on I5, most of the way to southern Oregon.
I can pay for fuel and ask a pilot friend to fly me to KFalls for the cost of fuel...and get him.

I am a vet tech, I have free use of hospital supplies and equipment for my rescues. If I can get him healthy, he's available for permanent adoption, and yes, I can ship. Just pay the shipping charges. I may get him a free airplane ride!