Spring Cleaning

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461506609.471751.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461506623.876730.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461506634.665196.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461506644.172562.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1461506661.345584.jpg

Seriously I've spent 4 hours cleaning and prepping their enclosure! I told the kids(Hutch, Carmel, Linus, Marcie, and Lucy) it was time for them to clean their room but they didn't listen! Caught a few of them just chilling! Probably on their iPhone like my other kids. Love spring but man their is a lot of work!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Is that dead nettle? I can't get mine to grow nicely like that.

Yes it is, purple dragon dead nettle to be exact. It just took off from the time I planted it. I almost wonder if using some sand leftover from leveling and building the waterfall mixed in with the clay may of helped it. I planted some in another spot and it didn't do as well. I am very pleased with how it wrapped itself around the waterfall. Of course the yellow creeping jenny helps it pop just a bit too!

Tipsy_tortoise

Oh my goodness this is beautiful! I have an identical layout like this which runs down the side of my garage I'm planning on turning into my boxies outdoor enclosure and it's nice to see someone else who has a similar layout to get some ideas ;) My only problem is I somehow have to incorporate chicken wire or something to keep out animals. I have hawks and wild cats roaming around and I'm horrified of them being outside alone.:eek:

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Oh my goodness this is beautiful! I have an identical layout like this which runs down the side of my garage I'm planning on turning into my boxies outdoor enclosure and it's nice to see someone else who has a similar layout to get some ideas ;) My only problem is I somehow have to incorporate chicken wire or something to keep out animals. I have hawks and wild cats roaming around and I'm horrified of them being outside alone.:eek:

I understand your concern completely, in fact I am going to raise the 2 shorter walls and a bit of the corners on the long wall. Going to do a tier effect. I live in a small village not far from a bigger city. I am surrounded by farmland so there really isn't too many problems with varmints other than my neighbor across the streets kid! He's practically Dennis the Menace and I wouldn't want it any other way. I share my house with my wife and 3 girls so I will take the varmint any day of the week:) I do have a white tail bunny that my daughter calls Wiskers and she finds her way into my garden and enclosure. Hard to get upset at that face:)