spring huh? old man waiting, tortoise style

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
The old man patiently waiting for the sun ....I didn't have the heart to tell him crap weather coming for the next few days.....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Someone looks bummed

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yup. all my hibernators came out today too, and its gray and overcast. Not really cold, but no sun.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
They have been up for a few days short of two weeks....so they were out until a little while ago....but with the weather predicted and heavy constant rain and snow ..they will have to rough it out indoors ....due to the surrounding housing growth and folks grading their properties our property now gets large amounts of water....so don't want anyone floating away...lol....:p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Did you say that nasty four letter word? SNOW:p. We are having upper 70's and 80's here, and it had better stay that way:D. Poor guy, give him a trip to for some warm time until yours come.

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
We are still having forecasts that involve snow..... And temps get as low as 20 at night still. Ew

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What is this "snow" you speak of?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
We are at 3363 elevation and within a mile of the desert side of san Bernardino mountains...so we get a bit colder and lots more wind....and if snow is expected in the mountains down lower then we have chance for it as well.....I can handle a bit of crap weather....but I REALLY REALLY don't enjoy snow....:p UGHHHH

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Your old man is just amazing. We are supposed to get your yucky CA weather here in AZ tomorrow. It always heads our way, especially from the San Diego area.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Joy....so sorry about passing the crap weather on...and let me tell ya the wind is ferocious ....70+ mile an hour sustained gusts and that is not even counting the rain and snow that is to follow later today.....my power went out about 40 mins ago with no given time for it to come back on yet...I believe I hear one of my roof shingles flapping on the roof....yay fun....if the power stays off too long the RFs will be headed to the cousins house where they still have power....I lost a quarter of the roof shingles the last time the winds were like this in 2005.....so Joy, batten down the hatches if you have wind warning....:D

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
The-Doors-Waiting-For-The-S-427139.jpg

Ashliewood

5 Year Member
We just
Got some snow this morning :-/ I was hoping it would warm up so I could take my little guy outside... Stupid snow....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Stupid snow....

For real, huh? Right now it is 40 stupid degrees here and we had a snow dusting this am....it is melting away thankfully....

The CDTs here will likely be able to go out for the daytime hours tomorrow---well, we will see if NOAA is right or not....what do they know?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey snow is a wonderful thing!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!! :p :D

He looks like he was just a tuckered out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.