Star tortoise diet

Grishma

Location (City and/or State)
Ahmedabad
How much should i feed him in a day ? He is 1.4Kg(1400gram,3.086 pounds) He is Aprox 6 years old male.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Tortoises are grazers/browsers. Feed a good varied diet of lots of types of leafy greens. Give a fresh pile of food daily and leave it for your tortoise to come back to throughout the day. If there is some left over the next day when I feed, I put down a little less. If there is none left, I leave a bit more. You will find the right amount by what your tortoise chooses to eat when it is always available.

Grishma

Ahmedabad
Tortoises are grazers/browsers. Feed a good varied diet of lots of types of leafy greens. Give a fresh pile of food daily and leave it for your tortoise to come back to throughout the day. If there is some left over the next day when I feed, I put down a little less. If there is none left, I leave a bit more. You will find the right amount by what your tortoise chooses to eat when it is always available.
Okay. But what of he over eats ?

Grishma

Ahmedabad
Tortoises do not over eat. If given the right foods, that is never a problem. Too much of the wrong items - fruits, protein - can be an issue.
I read it somewhere that tortoise get fat and dies due to overeating. That's the only reason, I just love me tort so much. I wanted a pet since i was child and then this tort came to me suddenly and even get attached to me so much he even sleeps with me plays with me in such a short time. So i want to take all kind of do's and don't to prevent any situation. I know that keeping him with me may put me in trouble but he is so cute that I'm willing to take any trouble for him. Also Thankyou for answering my questions.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I read it somewhere that tortoise get fat and dies due to overeating. That's the only reason, I just love me tort so much. I wanted a pet since i was child and then this tort came to me suddenly and even get attached to me so much he even sleeps with me plays with me in such a short time. So i want to take all kind of do's and don't to prevent any situation. I know that keeping him with me may put me in trouble but he is so cute that I'm willing to take any trouble for him. Also Thankyou for answering my questions.
Stop reading things from that source. They are wrong and probably full of all sorts of other misinformation and incorrect old wives tails.

Here is the correct care info, including diet: