5 Year Member
Should I use a strip light
I have a light that shines some but not all of the encloser
Worried about torts plenty of the UVB

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have a reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb and fixture for my tort... Its great and covers most of the terrarrium! I bet you could find one on amazon or eBay if it is the right size

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What species and age?

For most species, good lighting in the day time is a plus. If you have a "forrest" type species, just make sure to offer lots of hides and shady areas, along with the added "daylight".

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just like as it is outdoors, having some areas with more light and some with more dappled light, to me is the best way to go. I don't think a tortoise should have to hide in his hide or under a plant's protective leaf to get out of a heavy blast of light. Give him/her the ability to self regulate his/her own needs and wants. Just my thoughts.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
i use a strip light and it works great! Its really up to you. also listen to jacqui, he knows his stuff!

Elcon

5 Year Member
Tom said:
What species and age?

For most species, good lighting in the day time is a plus. If you have a "forrest" type species, just make sure to offer lots of hides and shady areas, along with the added "daylight".

Cherry head hatched in jan they are about 2-3inc

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I guess I am also curious as to exactly what kind of strip lights your thinking/asking about. I use some of the ones sold as plant lights or for kitchens. They give low light, but not the high intensity of the usual UVB lights in the domes.

Status
Not open for further replies.