Stubborn

BobbyJ

so as you that have been reading my posts know , I have a redfoot tort . He was sick and I took him to the vet and he's better now . He was eating and all that and for the past few days , he just hasn't eaten a thing . He's active , looks healthy .. But he just won't eat the lettuce . I'm convinced he's just a stubborn little guy . Nothing has changed in the enclosure .. Any thoughts ..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you giving him a big variety of food and not always the same boring few things? Also double check the temps.

BobbyJ

Are you giving him a big variety of food and not always the same boring few things? Also double check the temps.
Temps are good and I've been offering him romaine lettuce because that was the only thing he seemed to like he wouldn't eat ANYTHING else

BobbyJ

I just gave him a tomato and he jumped right up and is currently eating it . Nevermind !! He was just bored it seems haha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not all that sure about RF, but tomatoes are not the best thing to feed. Make it as a treat once in a while. Romaine is not a good diet either. You need to get him to eat a bigger variety. Take the better foods he should be eating. Chop it up fine. Then add larger chopped up romaine. Mix the two size chops of food in a pile and sprigs with water. He then has to eat the good stuff to get the romaine. As he eats, do less and less romaine until he is only eating the better diet. You can do the same buy squeezing the tomato juice on the good greens. Any favorite food will work to entice him to eat the better diet.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, and you may want to take a look at the tortoiselibrary.com. It's a great site for RF it's one of our forum members site.

BobbyJ

Oh, and you may want to take a look at the tortoiselibrary.com. It's a great site for RF it's one of our forum members site.
I've read that both of them were not the best things but right now it's all that works.. I'm going to try to get him to have kale Tommorow but he's not crazy Ablut it