Sulcata and Leopard. BFFs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFootTanaka

5 Year Member
Ever since i introduced the new leopard to Gurdy the sulcata they have been inseparable. Anyone else find there sulcatas being fascinated by a leopard?

Attachments

• IMG_0405 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0405 - Copy.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 128

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they usually pester each other. what we humans may see as being buddies or friends, can actually be bullying.
However yours are eating well together, so you migh luck out... for a while.
Be sure they dont get too cold on the floor.

TillyTianasMummy

5 Year Member
OMG your leopard looks identical to mine! Its just like looking at Tilly, they're both GORGEOUS Lil tortys :) they look to be enjoying each others company too. Tilly likes to roam around the room aswell and find new hiding places to sleep in. They look happy :)

Kirsty (Tilly Tianas Mummy) x

RedFootTanaka

5 Year Member
I've noticed that interacting with our friendly sulcata in front of the leopard tortoise seems to help the leopard be more friendly. I think it's a monkey see monkey do thing

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
They look like they are enjoying their meal. I never mix my Leos and Sullies personally. How long have you had them together as bff's?

RedFootTanaka

5 Year Member
TortieLuver said:
They look like they are enjoying their meal. I never mix my Leos and Sullies personally. How long have you had them together as bff's?

A few days now. I didn't want to introduce them too early in case the leopard might be sick. But they both have a clean bill of health now and like to share basking spots that we have for them on our floor( they have tanks but we just like to give them plenty of space in the day time).

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
I don't think your supposed to mix species, but I only have one Russian so I wouldn't know :p They look adorable together eating though :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Occasionally people get away with this, but just be aware that it usually leads to problems.

Good luck.

RedFootTanaka

5 Year Member
I only let them mingle when supervised. I just like how it seems to help the leopard become less shy around people.

papermoth

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Adorable photo! It's always funny when one can capture a shot with their tort's mouth wide open mid-chomp. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.