Sulcata Baby portion

zeus6626

Location (City and/or State)
hyderabad
Hey, I got a sulcata baby of 2 inches , it’s been 2 days since I got him . This might be stupid but my tortoise is eating half a flower of hibiscus , half a leaf ( if I kind of calculate on whole) and very little bit of grated carrot . Is this ok? As they grazing animals I’m not removing the food till night . Is this ok ?

zeus6626

hyderabad
I’m feeding like 1 whole flower, 4 leaves and grated carrot on top . It it’s some like I mentioned above.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
If it gains weight from week to week, active, have regular and well-formed poops, enclosure and environment (temperatures and humidity) are properly set up - nothing to worry about.

Try to offer some variety of greens and less carrots and flowers.

And yes, leave the food dish through the day.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey, I got a sulcata baby of 2 inches , it’s been 2 days since I got him . This might be stupid but my tortoise is eating half a flower of hibiscus , half a leaf ( if I kind of calculate on whole) and very little bit of grated carrot . Is this ok? As they grazing animals I’m not removing the food till night . Is this ok ?
Skip the carrot, and add in more weeds, grocery store greens if needed, and freshly sprouted, soft, chopped grass.

zeus6626

hyderabad
Hello!
If it gains weight from week to week, active, have regular and well-formed poops, enclosure and environment (temperatures and humidity) are properly set up - nothing to worry about.

Try to offer some variety of greens and less carrots and flowers.

And yes, leave the food dish through the day.
Thank you Alex , reducing the carrots and offering more greens