Sulcata pairs

Ravyna

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I am so thankful to have found this forum!

I have been looking at sulcatas for years and finally decided to take the leap. I own my home, have a good sized yard, and the time, money, and space to invest in this gorgeous multi-generational "pet"

So I came home with Henrietta. She's timid, small, eats a lot, sleeps a whole lot more.
Then my boyfriend surprised me and brought home another baby from the same....clutch? Not so sure...but definitely the same breeder.
His name is Petey. Eats twice as much, sleeps less, not very timid, and has a good bit of growth up on Henrietta.

I don't mind having two sulcatas roaming my yard in a couple of years, but then I found this forum and was reading about the issues with pairs and that I'm definitely putting my babies at risk by them being together.

So tomorrow, I will be housing them separately, to keep the peace. But I'm correct in my understanding that there will be no point in time that they could share the same yard space? Without fear of fighting, food hoarding, bullying, etc?

I have to make a decision on who stays and who goes. And where they safely go to....
So I just need as close to definite-ish answer as I can get. So I can be as confident in my decision as I can be.

Thanks!
-R

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Ravyna

Florida
Thanks for the reply and all the links!
I've already looked at some of your posts, I really appreciate all your knowledge!

-R