wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, thats really cool that he's called the 'Godfather'! I know that he doesn't have myco because all symptoms have ceased after doing the suggested actions so it must've been stress & environmental changes. I just try to keep my humility with positivity, I'll always try to have a student mindset, and am just bringing more ideas & possibilities to the table. I am soon going to become more of a tortoise guy, so I'll always make sure to check this forum off as a good resource. Thank you everybody for your care for my family member. 🙏
Do remember, tortoises should never live in pairs and species should never be mixed
If you do get a tort that is small/hatchling or under 3 years the proper indoor housing is a closed chamber. Lights would be a tube flourescent for uvb, incandescent FLOOD bulb for basking and ceramic heat emitters for any added heat needed. They all need 80% humidity until they are big enough to live outside. Once they are big enough to move out of a closed chamber and outside, lighting and heat options change.
Be sure you learn more about a species care before getting it.

Gavin_Herbelin

Garberville, California
Do remember, tortoises should never live in pairs and species should never be mixed
If you do get a tort that is small/hatchling or under 3 years the proper indoor housing is a closed chamber. Lights would be a tube flourescent for uvb, incandescent FLOOD bulb for basking and ceramic heat emitters for any added heat needed. They all need 80% humidity until they are big enough to live outside. Once they are big enough to move out of a closed chamber and outside, lighting and heat options change.
Be sure you learn more about a species care before getting it.
Of course, due dilligence is a virtue.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think if you get the night temps at 80 and not below in his house and make sure he is in it every night, you won't see the discharge.