Supply Shopping??

captain

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hello everyone, just got a baby red foot and wondering what sites are trusted and are good to buy supplies from??? Also, is it better/cheaper to buy online than in store? I really only have a local reptile store and petsmart to buy from...

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Your local places will have things you can use now, however, great sites are Tortoisesupply.com, Big Apple and LLL Reptiles.
On line is definitely cheaper and the stuff is the same.
Have fun!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I buy almost all my supplies from LLLReptile. Great prices, great customer service, and fast shipping. I also buy a couple of things regularly from Reptile Basics.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Home Depot... depends what you are looking for... walmart...
Online but then you have shipping prices..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You'll always pay more for specialty items at specialty stores. For example, you can buy the ceramic based 10" aluminum dome light fixture at a home improvement store for about - scratch that (I'm the first one to admit when I'm wront)

I just google'd ceramic base 10" clamp light fixture at home improvement stores and they're about $15. So then I looked for the same fixture at a reptile store, and LLL Reptile sells the same light fixture for $10.

But really, honest, I'm not kidding... :rolleyes: ...you usually pay more at reptile stores for reptile supplies than you would for the same thing at a home improvement store.

So, moral to the story - shop around.

Jriedy85

Where do you buy supplies

I'm hopefully going to be building my leopard tort a new enclosure this weekend. I'm just wondering where does everyone buy their supplies from. I want to deck this thing out with the thermostats, CHE, Proper Substrate...all the bells and whistles. so was just wondering where everyone on here finds those items. Online stores? local pet stores?

thanks!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh:

I've merged your question into this other thread that was started today too. No sense in having two of the exact same threads going at the same time.

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
I like drfostersmith.com for my supplies,if you spend fifty dollars or more than shipping is free,plus there very competitive in pricing with anyone.If you have any issues with your stuff they are awesome in fixing the problem fast service fast shipping.