Swollen eye?

Foxxyg1990

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, England
Hi my horsefields tortoises eyes look a bit puffy on the eye lids. Could this be due to new growth, or something worse? Ill put some pics 20141010_231358.jpg 20141010_231313.jpg

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I've never heard of new growth causing puffy eyes. What are your temps? What lights are you using?

— Gus

Foxxyg1990

Manchester, England
But the puffy eyes started before the bulb broke. What is the best type of bulb to use? Because i have read alot that certain bulbs can harm there eyes?

Foxxyg1990

Manchester, England
1413116638942-2141089930.jpg To be honest tho his eye dosnt look too different to this one in my tortoise book? What do you mean by coil bulb? The spiral kind?

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
they do look a little puffy to me. i read swollen eyes can be caused by a vitamin A deficiency, coil bulbs or irritants in the substrate. i'm sure there will be other causes too, hopefully some one will be along soon to offer advice on the best thing to do. i don't have the experience to tell what the cause may be in this case. while your waiting it may help to do a search for older threads on the subject and see if any thing sounds familiar. i remember seeing a few threads on the subject.