Take my tortoise travelling with us?

dada625

Location (City and/or State)
china
I am planning a travel after next week, if i can take my redfoot travelling with us(a week)? We will travel with a RV, dont worry electric and heat, just worry about car bump make my redfoot uncomfortable or fear. Any advices? Thanks!

Pák

Esztergom
If i place my tortoise in a new enclosure or outdoor pan, he needs 4-5 days to feel comfortable again. Cant imagine the discomfort levels on a travel for a tort.
I think if your tort is over a year old, its way better to ask someone to check on him every 3 days.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Totally bad for them, very stressful especially for a long trip. Dogs have fun on such a trip.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, not the best option. If you have a friend or family that can check in daily, not every three days, to feed and water, that would be better. Set lights on a timer and heat on a thermostat and a daily visit is all that's needed.
Be much better for the tortoise.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
If you HAVE to take him, best possible solution would be to bring his own enclosure as far as possible. AKA the same decorations etc. or the whole enclosure if you have the room.