Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh, Linda! I'm so very sorry! Turtles and tortoises, like birds, are very slow to show an illness. Teiko probably was ill for a very long time before he allowed his symptoms to show. I know you gave him the best love for his short life and he was a happy little guy in your care!

Yvonne

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you did all that you could.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
So sorry to hear of your loss!!

pebbles mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sussex, WI
:( I'm so sorry to hear this. I certainly don't know how I would be able to deal with something like this, you will be in my thoughts.

How old was he/she?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
How awful.. so many people losing thier youngsters.. is this common?
I've only rescued older ones,, not without issues of thier own, but this just seems so sad...

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southwest FL
pebbles mom said:
:( I'm so sorry to hear this. I certainly don't know how I would be able to deal with something like this, you will be in my thoughts.

How old was he/she?

Teiko was 2 months old. Thanks for your sympathy.

Thanks to all who expressed their sympathy. I guess my next tort will be a bit older. You live and learn. I'm glad Teiko is no longer suffering(if he was I don't really know but I'm sure he was very ill).I'm just sad because I've been thinking of getting a Leopard baby for some time now, I have had quite a few "pets" of different sorts my whole life and I take good care of each and every one. I really thought I was doing good by getting Teiko to the vet sooner than later and that he would be able to get us back on track. Our vet is an expert in exotics, and all....I hate to loose any pet but Teiko was special to me...and he was just a baby...Again thanks to all who have helped answer my questions and those who expressed their sympathy. Peace.

Laura said:
How awful.. so many people losing thier youngsters.. is this common?
I've only rescued older ones,, not without issues of thier own, but this just seems so sad...

Well I've learned that it is very difficult to raise hatchlings , which Teiko was. You have to do everything just right and still they have a high rate of failure to thrive. Next time I'll know to buy an older tort.

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
sorry for your lost. I understand the sadness you must feel because I had one of my torts past away recently.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I just returned from Vac and heard of Teikos passing. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.