Nearly Drowned! Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest FL
I put Teiko in his outdoor pen today and fed him when I got home around 12:00 noon. When I went back out to check on him around 1:15, he was upside down in his water which is a small plastic plant water pan, about 6" in diameter. Luckily it had only a small amount of water in it but I could see if it had been deeper, he could have drowned as he couldn't right himself! Whew! Now I have put some large stones in the bottom . Any other suggestions?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Might be best, until he is older, to just soak him daily and remove his water dish. Wet his veggies really well right before you feed him as well. the pebbles should help, but they do like to climb in..

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
That's scary! It has happened to many people here. Glad he was ok.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Linda it has happened to me with the DT yearlings I fostered. It was scary. I took out their water bowl and soaked them instead. I am really glad he was Ok.

Teiko's Mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southwest FL
For now I am leaving the large sones in the water dish. Teiko really likes to go sit in his water daily ,sometimes twice daily and he always leaves a little present in there for me :) So untill he's larger, I'll just make it shallow and leave the stones in it.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...So glad you got to your baby in time.
Just wanted to mention to make sure none of the stones are small enough so he can fit them in his mouth.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.