Temp at Night Time

Johnny Appleseed

:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:Hello! I was wondering whether or not it was necessary to have a certain set temperature at night when baby/ hatchling leopard torts are housed indoor at night/ bedtime? Please help!!!
:tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
IMO and experience, yes.

Because I raised them in hot and humid conditions I kept a CHE plugged into a thermostat set for 80F.
In other words, their temps never dropped below 80F at any time.

How are you housing your hatchling Leopard?

Johnny Appleseed

IMO and experience, yes.

Because I raised them in hot and humid conditions I kept a CHE plugged into a thermostat set for 80F.
In other words, their temps never dropped below 80F at any time.

How are you housing your hatchling Leopard?

I will be housing it outdoors from 7 to 7, and indoors until its seven again.
:tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If you are providing a humid indoor enclosure, I would not let the temps fall below 80 at night...if you are running a dry enclosure but hydrating outdoors and in their diet...then the indoor temps can drop a little below the 80 degrees....76 or so is as low as I would go....again, that 76 is only if you are NOT running a humid indoor enclosure...

Johnny Appleseed

If you are providing a humid indoor enclosure, I would not let the temps fall below 80 at night...if you are running a dry enclosure but hydrating outdoors and in their diet...then the indoor temps can drop a little below the 80 degrees....76 or so is as low as I would go....again, that 76 is only if you are NOT running a humid indoor enclosure...
thank you very much! this helped a lot!
:tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would not raise a leopard hatchling that way. I don't think you will be happy with the results.

And yes you need night heat. I have had great success keeping them 80 or higher all the time. Let them drop much lower than that and you will likely induce a respiratory infection. A ceramic heating element set on a thermostat works well for this purpose.

Last edited: